Throughout my career I have met potential clients whom have had children whom have cancer. Their misfortune a lot of the time is a double whammy because their mothers and fathers are being told they are not insurable. In their positions they seem to fight with every fiber in their being to be emotionally strong but financially, as you can imagine, their lives are forever changed. During such an uncertain period the problems continue to mount as if it’s a bad horror movie because I sometimes find that the child is uninsured. At my firm I work with several carriers that will insure these children.
Children Cancer Statistics:
- 43 children are diagnosed with cancer every day
- 12% or those diagnosed don’t survive
- Children cancer is a disease that effects every race, gender, and economic background
- More than 40,000 children are treated every year
- Those who survive cancer as children over 60% of them suffer late effects as adults
Cancer is a tough disease, the long fight ahead is one only those whom go through it will know. Unimaginably strength and courage come to mind as I think about their journey forward. I personally pray for those affected.mind as I think about their journey forward. I personally pray for those affected.